Construction Manager Position Available with Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity of Kent County seeks to put God’s love into action by bringing people together to build homes, community and hope. Our vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Habitat Kent is focused on recruiting a diverse and equitable workforce, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Habitat for Humanity of Kent County seeks to fill the position of Construction Manager. The Construction Manager position reports to the Director of Construction and oversees the construction for both the Neighborhood Improvement and the Warranty programs outcomes. The Construction Manager also provides support to the Construction Team’s site supervisors and project managers.
- Coordinate and track the construction process for the Neighborhood Improvement Program projects.
- Determining specifications for the improvement projects using critical path methodology, coordinating completion of site work, developing scope of work and project budgets and managing costs within budget and obtaining approvals from the homeowner.
- Oversee and track the Warranty program by visiting the homeowners at the specified warranty dates and scheduling the work to be performed as defined by our warranty guidelines.
- Oversee construction work performed at Habitat work sites while working as a site supervisor as necessary. To include daily shift orientation which shall include safety awareness, general Habitat information, a form of devotion and convey relevant work information for the day’s projects.
Required skills include:
- Active Builders License from the State of Michigan, preferred.
- Minimum five years professional residential building or remodeling management experience
- Willingness and ability to work and communicate well with a diverse range of people
- Strong understanding of Universal Design, Green Building and other certifications, preferred
- BPI Building Analyst Certificate or equivalent preferred.
- Strong computer skills, ability to utilize construction management software products
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, bi-lingual preferred
- Detail oriented, organizational and logistical skills necessary, a demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks
- Perform with minimal supervision
- Previous experience in training others in construction
- Regular attendance is required
This is a full-time position with benefits. Send resumes by October 21, 2016, to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or walk-ins.
New Remodeling Finish Carpenter Position Available with DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen
JOIN A GREAT REMODELING TEAM! REMODELING FINISH CARPENTER NEEDED:
- Minimum of five years professional remodeling experience.
- Able to work efficiently and organize complete projects.
- Work with a highly ethical, professional, systematized team.
- We do many exciting residential projects, including kitchens, baths, sunrooms, additions and basements.
- Must have vehicle and tools.
Call Bill at DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen, 616.632.2284.
New Home Sales Professional Position Available With Maplewood Homes
It’s an exciting time to part of the new home industry and we are looking for some great people to add to our team as we grow. Maplewood Homes is a small, but dynamic home building company targeting an underserved market niche of new homes starting under $200,000. We are a respected and established builder with a 20 year history of happy customers. We have built over 200 new homes in West Michigan since 1996.
We are seeking a Top-Tier Sales Professional for our Grand Rapids New Home Sales Office. The Successful Candidate will posses Exceptional Communication Skills, a High Level of Integrity, a
Strong Work Ethic, and Consistent Follow-Up Discipline, and will also be Detail Oriented and Well Organized. There is a High Earning Potential for the right candidate.
• Plan and Organize Open Houses at our Model Homes.
• Maintain a Regular Schedule of Open Times
• Schedule Private Model Home Tours
• Effectively Communicate New Home Advantages
• Qualify Prospective New Home Clients and Guide through the Construction Loan Process
• Assist Clients with Home Site Selection
• Guide Client through Selections of Options and Upgrades
• Contract Signings
• Act as Client Liaison throughout the Construction of their New Home
• Perform Related Administrative Tasks
• Build and maintain a database of available homesites
• Create blog and social media content
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills
• Knowledge of the sales process and proven record of success
• Real estate license helpful, but not required
• Housing industry experience helpful, but not required
• Valid driver’s license and clean, appropriate transportation
Forward Resume to email@example.com
Home Designer Position Available With Sable Homes
20-35 hours a week.
Job Duties – Selecting interior and exterior colors for all of our homes. This would entail meeting with clients and helping walk them through their choices. Other tasks would be entering this information into our database system, updating pricing sheets, staging model homes, and exploring new design options.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities needed – Great people skills, an eye for design, basic understanding of Microsoft Excel, basic understanding of Outlook, and time management skills.
Experience (preferred) – Previous design experience, previous sales experience, and previous builder experience.
To apply or for more information please send your resume to Karin.Kay@sablehomes.com